This page contains important information for the musicians of Symphony on the Bay.
- If you are not a member and want to play with us, click here for more information!
- Players should check the Fundraising Events page regularly.
- You can ask businesses to advertise in our concert programs. Download the Advertising Order Form!
- Here are the most recent By-Laws of the Greater Hamilton Symphony Association. They are in process of being updated.
- Download the 2016-2017 Season Brochure and send it to all your friends!
- Download the poster for the May 14 concert and share it with your friends!
- Click here to view your schedule for the 2017-2018 season, last updated 2017-09-06.
- Rehearsals are held on Wednesdays at 7:30 pm sharp, at the Hamilton Mennonite Church, 143 Lower Horning Road, Hamilton. Any departures from this will be noted on the rehearsal schedule.
- Music is available for pickup from the Librarian Graham Young at librarian -at- symphonyonthebay -dot- ca or 905-928-4671.
- If you are unable to attend a rehearsal, please contact Personnel Manager Graham Young at personnel -at- symphonyonthebay -dot- ca and arrange for someone to cover your part.
The Symphony on the Bay audio archive comprises 35 concerts recorded from 1973 to present including about 140 pieces of music. From 1973 to 2012, the original recordings were on cassette tapes. All of these have now been transferred to digital files at the Jazz Kitchen Studio. From 2013 onwards, the recordings were done digitally at BPAC (a few elsewhere). The digital files are being edited and remastered at the Jazz Kitchen Studio. Specific pieces of music are posted on SoundCloud as they are completed. With only a few exceptions, the quality of of the recordings and the performances is surprisingly excellent. For the moment, the music is only available for streaming, not download. Downloads may be considered in the future. Click the SoundCloud logo below to access the archive.