This page contains important information for the musicians of Symphony on the Bay.
- If you are not a member and want to play with us, click here for more information!
- Players should check the Fundraising Events page regularly.
- You can ask businesses to advertise in our concert programs. Download the Advertising Order Form!
- Here are the most recent By-Laws of the Greater Hamilton Symphony Association. They are in process of being updated.
- Annual membership fee for players is $200. Please bring cash or cheque to the next rehearsal if you have not already paid for this season. Members are encouraged to make a cash donation in addition to the membership fee.
- Rehearsals are held on Wednesdays at 7:30 pm sharp, at our new rehearsal venue, East Plains United Church, 375 Plains Road East, Burlington. It is easily accessible by car via Highway 403, and by Go Transit and Burlington Transit. There is ample parking in the east lot (off Dovercourt) and west lot (off Plains Road); accessibility parking is in the west lot only.
- Music is available for pickup from the Librarian, Graham Young, at email@example.com or 905-928-4671.
- If you are unable to attend a rehearsal, please contact the Personnel Manager, Sheba Thibideau, at firstname.lastname@example.org and arrange for someone to cover your part.
September 12, 19, 26; October 3, 10, 17, 24. Concert Sunday October 28, 2018, 3 pm at BPAC.
October 31; November 7, 14, 21, 28; December 5. Concert Sunday December 9, 2018, 3 pm BPAC.
January** 9, 16, 23, 30; February 6, 13, 20. Concert Sunday February 24, 2019, 3 pm at BPAC.
April 3, 10, 17, 24; May 1, 8. Concert Sunday May 12, 2019, 3 pm at BPAC.
**There is one extra rehearsal scheduled between January 9th and 30th which we will keep as a snow day in case we lose one due to weather. If we feel confident about the weather, we will cancel a rehearsal in the middle of this run or we may have a string sectional in lieu of a rehearsal.
The Symphony on the Bay audio archive comprises 35 concerts recorded from 1973 to present including about 140 pieces of music. From 1973 to 2012, the original recordings were on cassette tapes. All of these have now been transferred to digital files at the Jazz Kitchen Studio. From 2013 onwards, the recordings were done digitally at BPAC (a few elsewhere). The digital files are being edited and remastered at the Jazz Kitchen Studio. Specific pieces of music are posted on SoundCloud as they are completed. With only a few exceptions, the quality of of the recordings and the performances is surprisingly excellent. For the moment, the music is only available for streaming, not download. Downloads may be considered in the future. Click the SoundCloud logo below to access the archive.